If you’re planning a trip to Aqaba to experience some exciting Red Sea scuba diving, you’re bound to have a good time. But if you’ve never dived before, and this is your first time enrolling in a training course, you might be a little bit nervous about what exactly will happen in the course and what you can do to prepare. While the most important thing is to bring your sense of adventure, you can familiarize yourself with the process of a scuba diving course through this guide we’ve put together for you.
The typical scuba diving course consists of three sections. Complete them, and you receive your certificate:
- Knowledge Development
- Confined-water dives
- Open water dives
First things first: you need to know if you prefer learning online or in-person. This will also affect how you take your written exams. Choose in-person classes if:
- You like sticking to a schedule
- You understand things better when they’re taught in person
- You enjoy having camaraderie with classmates
- Note: You will still need to read the course material you receive from PADI and do the knowledge quizzes even though you opt for in-person classes.
You can select the online learning option if
- Your lifestyle requires flexibility in learning
- You prefer working alone
- Through the course material provided to you, you’ll learn about dive theory, safe diving, and the components & usage of dive gear. There will be quizzes to test you on the material, followed by a final exam at the end.
This part of the course is usually conducted in a swimming pool, and here is what you’ll learn:
- Assembling and putting on your scuba gear
- Breathing underwater
- Adjusting your buoyancy
- What to do in case of an emergency
Open Water Dives
Finally, you’ll head into the open sea with your instructor and show off all the skills you acquired in confined-water dives. Good buoyancy control and proper breathing technique are usually at the top of the list.
Once you complete your last dive, you’ll be eligible to receive your diving certificate.
With almost 13 years of experience, Deep Blue Dive Center is the premier, full-service PADI® 5 Star Certified diving center in Aqaba. Offering PADI® beginner courses, PADI® advanced courses, and PADI® pro courses, we welcome all experience levels. Thanks to our highly trained instructors, you can experience some of the best scuba diving in Aqaba and become a certified scuba diver yourself. Get your license to explore the beauty of the underwater world by getting in touch with us today!